Monday, December 16, 2013

Zwick Studio 12/14/13 - Martha - Week 1

Martha - 12/14/13 - Week 1, Watercolor on Paper, 9"x12"
After going back last week I really wanted to get back into the habit of going to the Zwick Studio on Saturdays.

The model for this session was Martha. I just drew her over at Leeward Community College on Sunday.

I decided to do something a little different for this set of poses: Every week I will do a completed watercolor of the scene and move around the studio week to week.

I was all ready to do a watercolor painting today, When I got into town and looked at my things, I had forgotten my watercolors in the car. Luckily, Fishers was nearby and had a sale on watercolors.  The colors were a little off, but they are doing what they need to.

The background is a landscape quilt Billy has put up behind her.

I am pretty happy with this painting. Beside the problems with the color mentioned, it still is pretty strong. It is a very good portrait of Martha. 

"Creativity is a natural extension of our enthusiasm."
~ Earl Nightingale

No comments:

Post a Comment