Saturday, December 21, 2013

HMoA Figure Drawing 12/16/13 - Sergio - Long Poses

Sergio 12/16/13 - Pose 01, Ink and Watercolor on Paper, 9"x12"
I had a great night on Monday with the long poses.

I used the tombow pens and then added watercolor to the pages. I was able to get a neat couple of drawings.

Above is the first drawing of the night. I think this is the weakest of my three drawings of the night. I do like how the torso was rendered and I am enjoying the cool shadow against the warm wall. Everything is rendered pretty well and the wash is hiding a lot of the details, giving it a painterly effect.

Sergio 12/16/13 - Pose 02, Ink and Watercolor on Paper, 9"x12"
When Sergio took the above pose I was struck by the light dark contrast he was standing right under the spotlight and the harsh shadows were very dynamic. I decided to exaggerate the highlights in this drawing.

The end result is a drawing that looks almost like a marble statue. The purple and the blue are creating a neat mood. I am really happy with this sketch.

Sergio 12/16/13 - Pose 03, Ink and Watercolor on Paper, 9"x12"
This was the last pose of the night and I am amazed at how well it came out.

I had a great night with the long poses. I wish every night could be like this. 

"Creativity goes beyond what you already know. 
What you know is just knowledge."
~ Ernie J. Zelinski

No comments:

Post a Comment