Saturday, November 2, 2013

HMoA Figure Drawing 10/28/13 - Honey

Honey 10/28/13 - Pose 3, Ink on Paper, 9"x12"

This past Monday, Honey modeled at the Honolulu Academy of Art. I worked a little different then my normal Oil Pastel on toned paper standard. I worked in my Tombow Pens and I am pretty happy with the results.

Above is my favorite of the night. It was a really dramatic pose and I managed to get a lot of emotion into the drawing. There is a great mood to this drawing.  This was the final pose of the night.

I am a little unhappy with the leg but there are so many good things about this, that I really don't think it matters in the grand scheme of things.

Honey 10/28/13 - Pose 1, Ink on Paper, 9"x12"
Above was the first pose of the night. There is a great simplicity to this drawing. This was done on the old paper and I was a little unhappy with how the variations of the ink were handling. So after this pose I switched to a better quality paper.

Honey 10/28/13 - Pose 2, Ink on Paper, 9"x12"
This was the second pose of the night. It is ok. It is not as a dramatic as the other poses. I do like how the legs are rendered in this drawing.

"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." 
~ Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment