Friday, April 26, 2013

HMoA Drawing Class 04/22/13 - Adele


Monday was drawing at the Honolulu Art Academy Figure drawing class. Adele was the model,  she is a painter as well.

Above is my favorite of the night. I am unsure if it is the best of the night or this is just a great compilation of a good series of drawings. I will re-work this page to play with the shapes and forms on the page.  I look forward to playing with this page.

I am really liking the repeated shape of the fingers, they are creating a nice rhythm for the drawing. 


I drew this pose from the floor so the size of her face is a little off in the drawing. I made her head a little too big.

I really like the painterly way I drew her extended hand. It is reading rather well...

This was the first pose of the night. I am really distracted by this drawing. The proportions are really off on the main figure. The purple cloth is looking nice on the green though.

"Creativity is not the finding of a thing, 
but the making something out of it after it is found."
 ~ James Russell Lowell

No comments:

Post a Comment