Thursday, March 7, 2013

IOOF - Around the Coffin


I am really happy with how this sketch came out.

So I managed to get to the Windward Community College library before they closed with a pair of black Tombow pens. I first did the drawing in just the brown then added the black for contrast. It creates a nice effect. There is a really nice contrast between the really cool black and the really warm brown.

The subject matter is of an Odd Fellows ceremony. The message of the ceremony was "death is always looming." The participants stood still long enough for me to get a nice sketch done.


“To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.” 
~ J.K. Rowling

1 comment:

  1. This is really a great drawing. I love the brown and black mix. And the high drama. Well done, Richard!

    ReplyDelete