Wednesday, March 6, 2013

HMoA Drawing Class - 03/06/2013 - Tina

Tina - 2013/03/04, Page 01/03

Monday was drawing class at the Art academy. The model was Tina. 

Above is my favorite of the night. I reused an earlier page from another week and am so happy with the result. I am starting to really like these multiple pose pages. There is something to be said about the rhythm created by the multiple poses.

This was the 2-fives and the ten with the first of the 20 minute poses on the bottom left corner.  

I also like the depth it creates on the page. Even though a pose may be covered or destroyed by thinner. I still think it lingers on the page in some ways. It may be as subtle as just a small color shift  to the ink wash in the background. I will be doing a post about this later in the week.  

Tina - 2013/03/04 Page 02/03

I had a pretty good night. Above is second 20 minute pose of the night. I love how I drew her arm in the foreground.

Tina - 2013/03/04 Page 03/03

This was the last pose of the night. I do like how the gestures leak through in the pose.

This life drawing class is on Monday at 7PM. It is located at the The Honolulu Museum of Art School, formerly the Academy Art Center at Linekona. There is a $10 class fee. 

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working."
 ~ Pablo Picasso

No comments:

Post a Comment