Sunday, February 10, 2013

Zwick Studio - 02/09/13 - Kat


So, I went to Zwick Studio. Honey was unable to make that morning session, so we had another model in for one pose. The model was Kat and she did one three-hour pose for the morning.

I did two drawings that day. I used very large paper for the sketches. Each of these is 24"x 36" I spent one hour on the above drawing and two hours on the drawing below.

I like the picture above a little more; it was the second drawing I did that morning. I really like how I used the blue background in some of the shadows of her body.  I also am a little happier with the proportions.


I really like how I did the hands in this drawing. Interlocking fingers are always rough to render correctly. I think I did a good job here.

I have been asked why I enjoy drawing nudes. Every artist knows that drawing the human figure is considered the best way to learn how to draw. The human mind is really good at picking out the human form, which is why when you look at abstract shapes, you often see faces and figures in the shapes.

Zwick Studio is located at 1041 Maunakea St. Honolulu, HI, 96817. His open studio is on Saturdays from 10am to 1pm. There is a $15 class Fee.  www.williamzwickart.com

"Naked is a human commodity. Nudity is God's art." 
~ David Allio

No comments:

Post a Comment