Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tombow Pens - A Happy Reunion


I walked up to a woman at the Honolulu Academy Drawing Class, eagerly I asked, "Where did you get Tombow pens?" As I pointed to the set I saw in her clear art box. "I love them."

For the Unfamiliar, Tombow pens are duo-sided, water-based markers. On one tip, they have a marker reminiscent of the thin crayola markers I used as a kid. The other side has a quarter-inch felt brush. The ink is thick and bold and the pens last for a good long time.

Unfortunately, living in Hawaii, there was only one distributor that was bringing them in, so regrettably I had gone without them for a while. After seeing this woman work with them, I bit the bullet and purchased two boxes of them online. 

When I got them, I opened them up and began drawing with a fury. These sketches are from a Starbucks visit where I drew waiting for a movie to start.

I went into the drawings with water, and washed out areas of the drawing, creating a neat effect. I am loving how quick and fast these drawings are.

Love, my friends, is sketching with Tombow pens.



“The act of putting pen to paper encourages pause for thought, 
this in turn makes us think more deeply about life, 
which helps us regain our equilibrium.”
 ~ Norbet Platt

No comments:

Post a Comment