Tuesday, February 19, 2013

President's Day Adventure


So on most holidays, I work with an after school group, The Wings Program. This President's Day is no different. We took our kids to Bishop Museum, and then had lunch at the nearby Kenny's Restaurant. I had my trusty sketch book with me and I did this sketch of the restaurant during dinner.

We were in the back section of the restaurant. There is a slotted wood divider separating the space from the rest of the Restaurant. I did a sketch of the space and some of the patrons. I commented about the lady in the drawing's jewelry; she was wearing giant pearl necklace.  She was also dressed rather fancy and it seemed they were having a business meeting. 

Turns out she was the owner of the Restaurant. She also told me she liked the drawing, " It must be your passion," she said.

I was stoked for the rest of the day.


On the Handi-van back, I did this drawing. I'ts of Rosemarie and her mother sharing a seat. I do like how I captured the light streaming in the back window of the van.


That day I also did this drawing. We did work at the Windward Mall in Kaneohe, teaching the kids work place skills. During a break I did this sketch. It's of the popular Japanese restaurant Maruki Tei in the Food Court of the mall. I like the feeling of the sketch. I went back into the drawing with a wash and I think it adds something to the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment