Tuesday, January 15, 2013

UH Drawing Class - 01/13/13 - Kat


Sunday was Drawing at the Honolulu Art Academy. I went with a lot of eagerness. I think I did pretty well. The model was Kat and she is a lot of fun to draw.

Above is my favorite of the day, though I think it needs a little more work. I actually have been trying out solvent and reworking pages I was not happy with. Above was from last week. I kept the arm over the shoulder from the previous drawing. I really like how I rendered Kat's shoulder in this drawing.
 
The solvent is making the cloudy area. I think it adds to the page nicely.


Above is the the page from last week. I added two 5 minute drawings to ether side of the page and the portrait which is in the center of the page. I am really not happy with the portrait. I will probably redo it another night.
 

I am actually really happy with this page. It was very close to becoming the one on the top of the post. My main reason for this is during the break between poses, Yoko Radke was walking around. She came to my area to talk to a friend in Japanese. She then looked at the drawing, looked at me, and gave the OK sign and smiled. It made my morning.


Above is a terribly unflattering drawing of Kat. I really do not like this drawing. Though the gestures are nice.


This is the last pose of the night and it really is growing on me. I like how I rendered the face and the hands. The foreshortening was really fun to draw here. Overall this was really good morning.

"I will master something, then the creativity will come."
 ~ Japanese Proverb


No comments:

Post a Comment