Tuesday, December 4, 2012

HMoA Drawing Class - 12-03-12 - Tina


Yesterday was figure drawing at the Honolulu Art Academy and I rocked last night's class. I am really happy with the pages from yesterday. Above is arguably my favorite of the night.  It is three 2 minute gestures with a 30 minute pose on top.

"Thirty minutes?" You say, "I thought the classes pose were 20 minutes."

They normally are, but someone had the great idea of one longer pose at the end and I really thank them. This was a reclining pose so I cropped the figure like that on purpose and I think it creates a neat effect.  Looking back on the figures, I was really liking the yellow ocher and the red that night. I think they look great together in this drawing. The red shadows look really neat, too.


You can see my process with these in this one above. During the 10 two minute gesture poses, I filled up four pages with drawings to use later in the night. Then during the longer poses I placed them with the figures and the wash background. Last night, I doubled up on the set of poses on a single page, so I have this page of gesture drawings. A pretty good set of them at that.    


This page is two 2 minute gesture drawings in pen, with two 5 minute poses, with a 10 minute pose and a 20 minute pose.  I really like this page. There is such a play between all the figures on the page. I really like this page.


I really like this page as well. There is such a nice mood and feeling in this drawing.  It came out very well.


Not sure how this crop of it looks. If it improves the drawing or not. 

This life drawing class is on Monday at 7PM. It is located at the The Honolulu Museum of Art School, formerly the Academy Art Center at Linekona. There is a 10 dollar class fee.
"Naked is a human commodity. Nudity is God's art." 
~ David Allio

No comments:

Post a Comment