Tuesday, November 6, 2012

HMoA Drawing Class 11/05/12 - Katelyn


Another drawing class at Honolulu Art Academy.

The model tonight was Katelyn. I have done some really good drawings of her in the past. Above is my favorite of the night, it is a 20-minute portrait with two 2-minute gesture drawings underneath it.   I like the spontaneity of the drawing. I was having a little bit of trouble with the red background, however the blue oil pastel in the background is creating a neat effect.


I really liked how lasts week's short poses page turned out. So I followed the same method and the results are OK. This drawing is three 2-minute gesture drawings, with two 5-minute sketches and a 10-minute drawing in the center. Of all the figures, the 5-minute pose on the right is my favorite.


Above it the first of the 20-minute poses. It is my least favorite of the night. Katelyn sank a little deeper into the pose and I had to do a lot of alterations to the sketch. I will admit, it was a rough pose to keep with weight on that back hand. I am not all that happy with the face.  


This is the last pose of the night. I loved the gesture behind the pose so I debated if I should use the page for a drawing or not. I decided to do a small pose and try and capture as much of the figure as I could. I do like this drawing, though it may need a little work. While I'm looking at the photograph, a lot of little errors are visible, I may rework this a little.

This life drawing class is on Monday at 7PM. It is located at the The Honolulu Museum of Art School, formerly the Academy Art Center at Linekona. There is a 10 dollar class fee.

No comments:

Post a Comment