Thursday, October 25, 2012

Odd Fellow Meeting - Cheylene


Looking through my drawings I noticed I have a lot of pictures from Odd Fellow Meetings that I have yet to post.

This painting is of Cheylene, a member of the other Harmony lodge, which is the other lodge on the island.

There are a lot of things I really like about this painting. I like how I rendered the hands. Drawing someone with their fingers folded like that is so difficult. I also really like how the legs came out. There is a nice core shadow on the right leg that is a nice mix of Burnt Sienna and Cadmium Red and really glows in this picture.

The whole painting  has a flat quality that I like. Almost like a print. I think these are highlighted if I crop the sketch down. There is a more polished, complete look to it.      


 
"To gaze is to think."

No comments:

Post a Comment