Wednesday, October 31, 2012

HMoA Drawing Class 10/29/12 - Rachel


Another Monday life drawing class at the Honolulu Art Academy. I felt like I was on fire that night. I really like all the drawings I did that night, although  some may require additional work to finish.

The model today was Rachel. This is the first time I drew her.

Above it three 2 minute gesture drawings with two 5 minute sketches on either side and a 10 minute sketch in the center. I really like how the center sketch came out and I love how this page looks.  Another person in the class comment it looks kind of like Gauguin and I can see the comparison.

I like how I rendered her hands in this drawing. I can tell her fingers are interlocked and all the rendered in the three colors black, red, and yellow ocher. 
 

This is the first 20 minute pose on top of three 2 minute gesture drawings. Rachel sank deep into the chair for this pose and it was really fun to draw. I think i had a little to much fun drawing the chair and her robe on top of it.  


This was the third 20 minute pose with two 2 minute gestures. I really wanted to force the perspective on this one , so I got really low to the floor. I am having a little problem working out how to use the oil pastels on this red background. It is doing some odd things to the colors. I need to practice a little more with them.
 

This was the last pose of the night and I think I again need to spen a little more time on this sketch. We can see what Im able to do with it later in the week. 

So on a related note. I tried to go to the UH Sunday drawing class but could not find a time for it anywhere. So from now on all my posts about the Honolulu Art Academy Drawing Class will end with the following...

The life drawing class is on Monday at 7PM. It is located at the The Honolulu Museum of Art School, formerly the Academy Art Center at Linekona. There is a 10 dollar class fee.

No comments:

Post a Comment