Tuesday, October 23, 2012

HMoA Drawing Class 10-22-12 - Kat


Monday Figure drawing at the Art Academy. Today's model was Kat. She was build like a runway model with a long slender torso that made the gesture drawings so much fun to draw. I did a couple of great drawings that night.

The drawing above is my favorite of the night. She took this pose and I was so happy. It was a great pose for her body and it had her head hidden, so there was none of the debate whether to do a good portrait or concentrate on the figure. It is a 20 minute pose with two gestures underneath.   


Above are three 2 minute gesture drawings with the two 5 minute poses on top. I really like the 5 minute pose on the left.  
 

Above is 2 gesture drawings and the 10 minute pose.  I actually managed to get a good portrait done in the ten minutes.


Above is my least favorite sketch of the night. It is three 2 minute poses with a 20 minute pose on top. It was the first of the long poses for the night. Kat took her hair down in the pose and it really threw me on this pose. It was a little rough to render with my oil pastels at the size I drew the figure. I do like parts of her torso in this drawing. 



This was the last 20 minute pose of the night. I think I will be doing a little more work on this drawing. Kat is posed with her robe draped on her. I like how much I was able to get done in the pose but would like to see what this will look like with an hour of work in it.

This life drawing class is on Monday at 7PM. It is located at the The Honolulu Museum of Art School, formerly the Academy Art Center at Linekona. There is a 10 dollar class fee.

"If only we could pull out our brain and use only our eyes."

No comments:

Post a Comment