Wednesday, October 17, 2012

HMoA Drawing Class 10-15-12 - Sergio


Another Monday Figure Drawing class. I will start including at least the first name of the models on here. I have been doing this class for almost 4 months and i have seen their rotation of models so I can include them.

It is surprising to me I think the most successful one was the one  the one above. That is the 10 minute sketch with 2 two minute sketches under it. I tried to focus on the torso and see how much definition i could get in 10 minutes. I am happy with that sketch especially the tension I was able to capture in it. Sergio was grasping a pole with his two arms: one raised above him and one below. There was an interesting muscle strain in the pose. 

I had to go to a movie at the Honolulu International Film Festival, HIFF, so I didn't stay for the entire class.

This is a 20 minute drawing with 2 gestures under it. I wish the pose was lit better, but I like how is came out.

Above is 4 gestures with the 2 five minute poses on top.

This life drawing class is on Monday at 7PM. It is located at the The Honolulu Museum of Art School, formerly the Academy Art Center at Linekona. There is a 10 dollar class fee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment