Friday, October 19, 2012

At the HIFF


I am waiting between movies and decided to work on some watercolors of people at the Honolulu International Film Festival, HIFF 2012. There is a sitting area I have gone to during the breaks between the movies. I have been doing some pictures of the patrons.

Above is my favorite so far. I like how everything is in shadow, but the painting is still rather bright. It really is a strength of watercolor. I also love the shadow behind him. 


I had to draw the woman above because she was wearing a really baggy sweater vest over a really baggy sweater and she just looked so tiny in all those clothes. I like how I rendered the sweater. It's also a profile, and I rock profiles. 

So far, movie-wise, the most fun I had at a movie was Fresh Meat, a horror comedy, with Jango and Bobba Fett himself, Temuera Morrison. Morrison plays a father with a cannibalistic secret...

No comments:

Post a Comment