Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Study Group at Starbucks

So I decided to hangout at Starbucks one day and managed to paint this watercolor.

It was a group of people studying for what seemed like an economics exam. I thought this would be a challenge. Rendering multiple people in a group is often challenging because of their little movements and relational perspective. Its really easy to end up with a group of well rendered people of noticeably different sizes.

I think this watercolor was rather successful in these regards. The figures are correctly propotioned to one another. I also like how I rendered the chairs in this.

I started the sketch in yellow watercolor pencil and then added the color. It is kinda neat how cool  and blue dominate I was able to keep the painting despite the yellow pencil base.  My heavy often leads to pictures that are dominated by the base drawing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment