Thursday, September 27, 2012

HMoA Drawing Class 09/24/12

Drawing Class at the Honolulu Art Academy on Monday the 24th. Here are my Drawings from that night. Overall, I had a pretty good night.

Above is two gestures and a 20 minute pose on top of it. I think it is the best of the night. I am really loving that blue ink wash background. It really makes the Burnt Sienna pop forward.

Here are four 2-minute gesture drawings with the two 5-minute poses and the 10-minute pose on top. I like how the figures look. Not bad, considering the model interlocked her fingers during the 10-minute pose; that is so rough to draw.

I need to dye the rest of this book.  I meant to dye the pages a Sepia brown or a Olive Green. I didn't have a chance this weekend, so maybe this upcoming weekend.

I tried to compensate for it by doing extra figures in black on this page and heavily-shading the gestures so there is something besides the white of the page to work off.


I actually was pleasantly surprised how good this pose came out. I was sitting on the ground, because I came late that day to class. I changed position because I didn't want to do another profile. 

When I got situated in a place I liked,  I was afraid the model looked really short because of the foreshortening of the body. The drawing however looks right. I'm  also really happy with how the face came out.

This was the last pose of the night, the dreaded reclining pose. I think I made the arm a little to long in the sketch, but it doesn't look that off. I really like this kind of pose, with the model laying down with their head toward the front.

The HAA classroom has an odd shape to it and because of that the models tend to sit with their feet coming forward toward the class.  So just because of that simple fact, I kind of dig this drawing.

This life drawing class is on Monday at 7PM. It is located at the The Honolulu Museum of Art School, formerly the Academy Art Center at Linekona. There is a 10 dollar class fee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment