Tuesday, September 11, 2012

HMoA Draawing Class 09/10/12 - Sergio

Another Monday, Another figure drawing class at the Honolulu Art Academy. Yesterday the model was one of the regular artists at the class, Sergio.

Above is my favorite of the night. It is a two-gesture drawings with a 20 minute sketch on top. The combination of the blue wash and burnt sienna pastel are always a winning combination. Another of the artists in the class commented, "It has a very painterly application of color."  I'm really happy with this drawing.
 

 This is 4 two-minute gesture drawings, 2 five-minute drawings and the 1 ten-minute pose. These are starting to look pretty good.

For his second pose, Sergio did a standing pose. I think I spent a little too much time on the face; the body looks a little unfinished.  


Last pose of the night was a reclining pose. I chose to focus solely on the torso for this pose.It came out OK, I guess. I am currently debating if it's worth the trouble to go and redefine some of the structures of this drawing or not.

This life drawing class is on Monday at 7PM. It is located at the The Honolulu Museum of Art School, formerly the Academy Art Center at Linekona. There is a 10 dollar class fee. 

"Art is a way of possessing destiny."
 ~ Marvin Gaye

No comments:

Post a Comment