Tuesday, August 28, 2012

HMoA Drawing Class 08/28/12

I again participated in the drawing class at the Honolulu Art Academy.  Above is my favorite drawing of the night. It has a great feel to it. It is three, 2 min gesture drawings with a 20 minute drawing on top.

I  like how I rendered the face and the body. The picture still has a very loose feel. I also love how I managed to capture most of the pose. The incomplete parts work well with the more completed areas. 

 
The above work is three 2-minute gesture drawings with the two 5-minute poses on top. I do like this set of them. I especially like the figure on the right. I think it is so strong. 

This sketch has a great look to it. I may take it to Kinko's and try to blow it up on the architecture copier. 

I was kind of streaky that night. I did three great drawing then two awful drawings I didn't even bother to photograph. I like this one and am debating if I should go back into this one a little more.

This life drawing class is on Monday at 7PM. It is located at the The Honolulu Museum of Art School, formerly the Academy Art Center at Linekona. There is a 10 dollar class fee. 

“The aim of every artist is to arrest motion, which is life, by artificial means and hold it fixed so that a hundred years later, when a stranger looks at it, it moves again since it is life.”

~ William Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment