Monday, April 25, 2011

Male Nude

Nude Contortionist, Acrylic on Paper, 3' x 6'
"Art, like morality, consists in drawing the line somewhere."
~
Gilbert K Chesterton

So I am now working on getting a number of my older pieces onto this website.

This nude acylic is in a series of paintings on paper. This started as a drawing I did a few years prior to doing the painting.

I remember this model particularly for the really unconfortable poses he would get himself into. Almost a sadomasochistic thing. This pose sort of reminded me of Anthony Hopkins in the Picasso movie, Surviving Picasso, with the cruel things he would do to the models. This guy put himself in a really uncomfortable position. A real contortionist, he is holding his left leg behind his back and resting with his forehead on the wooden ground.

I specifically remember my instructor Snowden Hodges asking the model if he would like a pillow and his response was, "No I'm fine."

No comments:

Post a Comment